Today, it is unimaginable to think of living in a society without electricity. Power electronics is the combination of power engineering, analogue electronics, semiconductor devices, and control systems. Increase in adoption of power electronics in electric vehicles, electronics manufacturing sector, and enhanced need for power management devices in energy & power, automotive, and consumer electronics are fueling the growth of the power electronics market. According to a fresh market research report from IndustryARC, titled “Power Electronics Market: By Substrate Wafer Technology (SiC, GaN and Others); By Devices and By Application (Industrial, Solar power, Wind power, Electric cars, Aerospace and Consumer Electronics) – Forecast (2018 – 2023),” the demand is poised to increment at a highly profitable rate. The analyst of the report urges market players to harness the automotive segmentfor maximum return of investments.
Additionally, increased adoption of renewable energy sources as power electronics is one of the major progressing factor of the power electronics market. The market is expanding because of demand for new power electronic applications in variable speed motor drives, regulated power supplies, uninterruptible power supplies, and robotics. Increase in adoption of electric cars, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), telecommunications, self-monitoring and diagnostics systems, and hospitals are the major areas boosting the growth of the market. Cost conscious end users and homogeneous nature of products are restricting the growth of the market
Power Electronics Market: Disruptive Drivers and Trends
• Technological advances such as usage of Silicon Carbide (SiC) in high power three terminal semiconductor switching devices, which includes power MOSFETs, power diode and Bipolar Junction Transistor (BJT), are expected to create new niches for innovative players to increment their market share.
• Integration of power and control circuitry on a single Integrated Circuit (IC), which combines high voltage components monolithically with low voltage components, aids in miniaturization of components. As the trend of compact electrical and electronic devices engulfs the world, the power electronics market demand is anticipated to gain.
• The growing acceptance of new power transmission concepts, such as wireless energy transmission technology using laser links. These links are used as a communications channel and also as a means to transfer energy without wires.
Some of the major players operating in the power electronics market are Fairchild Semiconductor, Hitachi Co., Texas Instruments Incorporated, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Infineon Technologies AG and NXP semiconductors. Texas offers different type of power electronics products which includes Switched Capacitor Inverter, 3.5V to 36V, 5A Synchronous Step-Down Voltage Converter, Automotive, 60V Input, 3.5A, Step-Down DC-DC Converter with Eco-mode, and 3-42V Wide Vin, Current Mode Non-Synchronous Buck-Boost Controller. Switched Capacitor Inverter inverts a positive voltage in the range from 2.7V to 5.5V to the corresponding negative voltage.
Power electronics is the application of solid-sate electronics which deals with the control and conversion of active electrons. Increased adoption of renewable energy sources as power electronics is one of the major progressing factor of the power electronics market. The influx of investment on power security by various flourishing power consuming sectors is expected to ensure healthy growth of the global power electronics market in the near future.
What can you expect from the report?
The Power Electronics Market is prepared with the main agenda to cover the following 20 points:
1. Market Size by Product Categories & Application 2. Demand Analysis (Revenue & Volume)
3. Market trends & Relevant Market Data 4. Country level Analysis
5. Manufacturer Landscape 6. Competitor Analysis
7. Distributor Landscape 8. Market Shares Analysis
9. Pricing Analysis 10. Value Chain Analysis
11. Top 10 End user Analysis 12. Supply Chain Analysis
13. Product Benchmarking 14. Strategic Analysis
15. Product Developments 16. Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
17. Mergers & Acquisition Analysis 18. Opportunity Analysis
19. Patent Analysis 20. Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
1. Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
2. Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
3. Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
4. Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
5. Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to